Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mashed Potatoes With Kale

I'm really not a big fan of mashed potatoes but I was watching Rachel Ray one eve and she made these yummy mashed potatoes with kale and manchego cheese. Looking at things differently now I decided to make the dish vegan-style so I mashed the potatoes with earths balance butter and soy milk, cooked the kale separately and then mashed in with vegan cheese (really not necessary) and some roasted garlic I had left over from the night before. Salt and pepper to taste and it ended up being a really flavorful dish on it's own but I thought about the look of this dish and how I would have placed a steak or pork chop on top for Chris. Since veggies are the main course now I went for a can of kidney beans and threw those on top. This was a very nice little meal and quite pretty I think :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home