Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy New Year! A Dodge Masquerade Party

We had super fun time with our friends at our Masquerade New Year's Eve Party. The masks were all so unique and I really have to thank my friends for playing along.  Some masks were store bought and others were hand made but everyone showed up with one and that was the best, even if we didn't stay in our masks it was just fun to see how silly we could all be. Food and drinks are my favorite part of any of our parties. Chris has been smoking a lot of tasty meats in recent years and one of my faves is his smoked salmon so that's nearly always part of our menu. I really wanted a signature drink for the eve so i decided to go with champagne cocktails and they turned out to be a big hit.  Our hors d'oeuvres were smoked salmon, cheese & charcuterie platter, canapes, deviled eggs and a tasty shrimp dip made by Kim. I served 3 different types of mixers for the champagne cocktails - kir royale, champagne 'rita, amaretto surprise. The mixers I chose to show off in laboratory beakers and the champagne bottle was on ice just ready to mix.   Some pictures from that night.










 oh ya and we showed a movie...



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home