Friday, January 2, 2009

Champagne & Cake

While doing a little antiquing Dec 31 and Jan 1st (I know I'm crazy) I found these lovely pedestal cake plates and champagne glasses.  The cake stands were a great buy at around $22 ea and though I already have a few in my possession I found myself drawn to these and now have a collection (I know I'm still crazy). The champagne / wine glasses were $24 for 7 (unfortunately 1 of the glasses broke in the drive home so now there are only 6 but still a good buy).  I prefer the saucer champagne glasses over the flutes because they remind me of a lot of my favorite old movies where everyone is drinking champagne out of the saucers.  It's now time to bake some cakes and make some pomegranate mimosas. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home