Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cake

Lots of love went into this birthday cake. I found a pretty simple recipe and baked the cake Saturday evening. The cake came out lovely however it fell leaving me with half a cake. First thing Sunday morning I made the other half which also fell. I consulted my baking guru and she recommended shortening to the recipe. This will take more testing but I plan to get it correct but then again doubling the recipe isn't a bad idea. I creamed the heck out of the butter and sugar for like 8 mins. Vanilla pudding and bananas are the filling. The frosting I also made from scratch was super simple and I pretty much just made it to taste so you can really play with this recipe....it's 1 stick softened butter, 2 1/2 cups powder sugar, 2 Tbs milk, 1 tsp vanilla. Here's the cake recipe and the cake.  My favorite part was Max and I decorating it. 

1 - 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup softened butter
3 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 - 1/4 tsps baking powder
3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350. Grease & flour pan. In a medium bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture, mix well. Stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 mins.  For cupcakes, bake 25 mins. 


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home